The Best Cost Efficient Washer and Dryer To Get For Your Home
Washers and dryers are necessary fixtures in every home. However, they can be extremely expensive not only to purchase but also to run on a daily basis. If you have a large family or wash your clothes frequently, it might end up taking a more substantial part of your budget than you would like.
Purchasing an energy efficient washer and dryer can help you reduce your energy bill and save you money in the long run. Besides, you can also feel good knowing that you are doing your part in helping protect the environment. Another thing to keep in mind when picking a cost-efficient washer and dryer is that both appliances can run on natural gas instead of electricity. If your house has access to gas, it can often be a cheaper and more energy efficient option. Front loaders washers, which are not as popular in the United States, tend to be more efficient to run as a group than their top loader counterparts.
Here are some other ways you can save money while doing laundry while preserving the environment:
- Using cold water wash will make your clothes last longer and uses less energy
- Air dry your clothes whenever possible. It is better for them and more cost efficient
- Always clean your dryer lint filter. Not only built-up lint can be a fire hazard, but your dryer will run better and last longer.
Since choosing a new cost-efficient washer and dryer can be an intimidating process, we found the best ones to get for your home for you!
1. Samsung WF5300 4.5 cu. cf. Front Load Washer with VRT Plus: best cost efficient front loading washing machine.
Thanks to its Smart Care system, this energy-efficient front-load washer is an excellent option if you are on the market for a cost-efficient new appliance. In addition, it will help keep your hone nice and quiet even while you are doing laundry since it benefits from the VRT Plus technology which reduces vibration by up to 40%.
2. Maytag 4.7 cu. ft. High-Efficiency White Top Load Washing Machine with PowerWash Cycle: best cost efficient top loading washing machine
Top loaders may not be as cost efficient as front loaders, but they are a little bit cheaper. If you would rather save some cash up front, this Maytag washer is a great option thanks to its POWERWASH technology that helps clean your clothes while saving energy (and money!) at the same time.
3. Whirlpool 4.3-cu ft High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer: best cost efficient washing machine on a budget
Energy efficient appliances can be expensive, even though they do save you money in the long run. Thankfully, this Whirlpool washer will not break the bank, and you can still benefit from a cost-saving energy friendly technology.
4. Samsung 7.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer with Steam in Black Stainless, ENERGY STAR: best energy efficient dryer
Energy efficient dryers do not always make as much of a difference on your budget as energy efficient washing machines, but the Samsung’s patented Eco Dry technology can use up to 25% less energy on every load, saving power and therefore money in the long run.